Wow, I was just looking through my pictures trying to decide what to post and too much has happened since I last did this. We had a good Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving morning Kirk's sister Rhonda and her hubby Andy invited us, the Swainston's and my brother Matt over for some yummy breakfast and then we headed down on the farm to do some shooting. It's the first time I've ever shot a gun, and it was so much fun. Erika got to shoot her first gun as well and I think she did a better job than me. :o) (I don't know if I should admit that....) I went from shooting a little 22 to shooting a monster AK47, WOW that sucker made my ears ring for a long time....... But at least I can say I did it.
That afternoon we had Rhonda, Andy and Matt over for dinner. We had a yummy turkey and everything turned out pretty well, except for my in the bird stuffing, it was runny, mushy and yucko!!! Blahh.... Anyway, Rhonda and Andy bought Rock Band the night before so, we played that all afternoon and had a pretty good time. The slide show above are all the Thanksgiving pictures.
Friday morning bright and early at 4:00 my dear friends Jennis and Heather went shopping with me, we got some killer deals and had lots of fun. Then that night we had a girls night out to say goodbye to Heather. Her and her hubby Kyle moved to Montana this week. Thanks for coming to play, it was so much fun. We will miss you Heather! Give your kids a squeeze for me.
Rhonda, Me with Kaden, Heather, Kandra and Jennis with Taylor
Heather, Jennis and Me drinking. (Don't worry, it was sparkling cider.)
Jennis, Heather and Me
After the party on Friday night, we ended up in the Emergency Room with Kaden. He got his 3rd ear infection in 2 months. Stinky.... So, we got him started on antibiotics,which were too hard on his little tummy, so after taking that for 3 days, when the pediatrician's office opened on Monday we got some new medicine for him, and he seems to be doing better. He finishes his medicine on the 10th and we have a follow-up appointment that day where we will get a referral to an Ear Nose and Throat doctor to see if we need to put tubes in. Poor little guy, I'm thankful he's a good sport.
On with my novel, Saturday after not much sleep we went to get a Christmas tree. :o) I love this part of Christmas!!!! We went to a tree farm and picked out our perfect tree. Andy then preceded to hand me the saw and tell me to cut it down. For a second I thought "are you kidding me?" Then I grabbed it, got down on the ground and cut down our beautiful tree. Yes, I actually did it, the whole thing.... Erika loved decorating this year and she did a pretty good job. A lot of the ornaments are down low and right in front but at least she got them to stay on the tree this year. :o)
Andy handing me the saw
Me, Erika, Daddy and Kaden with our tree
Erika and Daddy, getting Christmas decorations out
Kaden and Uncle Matt watching us do Christmas decorations
Sunday all of Kirk's family had a Christmas party at Rhonda and Andy's house. It was good food, good fun and good company. Thanks for the gifts!!!
Stacy, Jim and Preston
Uncle Bob, Rhonda and Andy
Aunt Shirley, Uncle Dean, Andy, Kirk, Kaden and Karen
My brother Kyle and his wife Ali live about 30 minutes from us and we're horrible about getting together. We finally decided the second Sunday of every month is our night together. We've done really well the last 2 months, hopefully we'll stick with it. But this picture was too cute not to post. This is how I found Ashlyn, Erika, Kaden and Nicole sitting in a circle playing by themselves. How cute is that?
So, now that my novel is complete I hope you're all having a wonderful Holiday season and I hope you're all getting ready for Christmas. I love this time of year. I'm so thankful for my Savior, that he was born this time of year and that we have Christmas to celebrate his birth.

6 comments:
Dang... sad I missed the girls night... looks like you had fun with the guns... it was Emma's first year to shoot a gun too! She loved it!
Sounds like the perfect Holiday weekend! Your van is very cute.
It was so good to see you guys when I was up there!You're awesome!
Looks like you had a great (busy) November. You're coming out for Christmas, right? We're planning on going to your mom's Christmas party on the 23rd.
Well Hello! I miss you so much! I am so glad that we got the chance to hang out before I left! I had a blast every time we got together! Miss you!
Wow, you guys have been really busy and doing some fun activities. That is totally cool that you girls participated on shooting the guns. I am also impressed that you cut down your own tree. You go girl! I am sorry that little Kaden had another ear infection. Hopefully he is feeling better. We all need to get together when you guys visit for the holidays!
Post a Comment