Monday, June 29, 2009

Playing Catch up.....

On June 12th we headed down to Utah... My brother Mark got married on the 20th so we thought we'd make a little vacation out of it. We left about noon on the 12th and got to my mom's house around 5:00 a.m. on Saturday. We got a couple hours of sleep and then I headed to Pleasant Grove for a baby shower. My dear friend Lacie is going to have her first little girl! It was so much fun to see everyone and spend a little bit of time. I wish things had worked out and we would have been able to play some more, but since we were there for a wedding, we played along with that instead. Here is a picture of some of us girls who all grew up together. For those that didn't make it, we missed you!!!!

We saw a lot of family, got to spend some time with my brother Garrett and his wife Traci on Sunday, it was short, but sweet as it's always fun to see them for a minute. We played lots of games, especially Pinochle with my favorite sister Jenelle! My dear friend Stacy happened to be up from St. George so we got to spend a minute with her and her cute little family. We got to go swimming in the Kamas Pool, always a great time to be had there, although Kaden HATED it! I think big bodies of water frighten him, even though he loves the bath. We got to ride the Heber Creeper and Erika absolutely LOVED it!!! Uncle Matt and Lady came to visit. Erika kept calling her her lady girl. It was so funny. We had a BBQ at Mark and Rachel's house and got to meet all their friends from out of town. We got together with one of Kirk's mission buddies, Chad Ray and his wife Mindie. We got family pictures taken, with 37 people, YES, 37!!!! Crazy, I know... All my mom's kids and spouses and their kids as well as Bob's kids, spouses and kids.... Spent Saturday doing fun wedding stuff. I got some dental work done and we just hung out! It seems like my time in Utah always goes so quickly and before I know it I'm headed home and there are a million other things I could have done. But they will all have to keep until next time, and no, I do not know when that will be surprisingly. :o)

We headed out Saturday after the wedding since we were already in Salt Lake and an hour closer to home. We drove to Twin Falls and crashed at Kirk's cousin Michelle and Robert's house. Thanks guys!!!! Wish we could have spent more time there! We got home on Sunday about 4:45 and then.......... (for more of our crazy adventure you'll have to read the next post!!!!)

No comments: