Friday, September 10, 2010

And She's off......

Today was Erika's official "first day" of school. :o) She was so excited to go and she was super cute. I think the first thing out of her mouth this morning was, "I get to go to school today!" Oh what a joy it was to watch her get ready and how grown up she has gotten. She always manages to bring a smile to my face and I treasure that little girl more than she knows. It was bitter/sweet watching her climb aboard the bus so proud this morning. I am so excited for her to have this new adventure, but I will miss her happy little face around the house all day. She is such a big helper and she just makes life around here fun. Throughout the day Kaden would ask me, "Erika.... school?" He surely missed his big sister, but he was a good boy too. He and Erika held hands the whole car ride home after school. It is fun to see their little friendship and how much they really mean to each other. Maybe this will mean more playtime and less fight time as they won't be together so much. (A girl can hope right?!?!) ha ha.... Well, I am surely a proud Mama and I couldn't ask for a sweeter angel than my Erika. I'm glad to watch her grow and learn and to have this new experience. I pray that she will be able to maintain her little innocence this year! Here's to hoping for a wonderful school year! I sure love you BIG Kindergartener.

2 comments:

The Heaps Family said...

I can't believe she is in kindergarten. She is so grown up. I miss you Jill. How are you feeling?

mamaseversike said...

Adorable!! I love her Tink backpack, I want one! She looks totally confident and ready to go. Cutie-cute-cute. Thanks for sharing.