Monday, April 18, 2011

Wilcox Egg Hunt

Well this last Saturday was the Wilcox Easter Egg Hunt. We headed over there just before noon and the egg hunt started at 1:00. They have several booths set up and things for the kids to do. There are fire engines and ambulances to look through, an old school house, they have their mascot and Smokey the Bear walking around as well as several other little things. They give away free omlets, although I still have never had one and we've been the last two years. :( Maybe someday I'll venture over and wait in that line! :o)

They divide the kids up into different age groups, so Kaden and Kylie went in the 3 & 4 year olds and of course Erika had to go over with the big kids. :o) And it's a good thing she did! I thought that 3 and 4 years olds are big enough to pick up their own eggs without their parents help, even if it would have taken 10 minutes.... But NO!!!! All the parents start dragging their kids and picking up the eggs for them. I tried to get Kaden to pick up an egg, but he didn't want it because it wasn't blue. I had Jocelyn in my arms sleeping, so I couldn't help him.... He finally picked it up and I practically drug him across the field to get another one before people got there. It was CRAZY!!! Needless to say he only got 2 eggs, but was still mad because neither of them were blue.... Kylie got 5, and when Rhonda would tell her to pick one up she's say, no. Oh well!

Erika on the other hand made out like a bandit!!! Kirk had taken her over to the 5 & 6 year old field, which obviously wasn't as crazy. He got a cute couple pictures of her and she SCORED!! :o) She was nice enough to share some candy with her cousin and little brother. She gave Kaden a blue egg and he was happy. I suppose I shouldn't get too upset, as the kids were perfectly happy. I just HATE that parents won't let kids be kids and do the egg hunt like they want to. It's supposed to be fun for the KIDS!!!! :o) Anyway, it was a fun little afternoon and the kids had fun. Sigh... ha ha...

Here is Kaden with his Easter basket. (This is not at the egg hunt. However, he was too stinkin' cute in his hat, scarf, and no pants not to take this picture and since I didn't get one at the egg hunt, here you go!)
Kylie and Erika sitting in the old Harts Lake school house.

Kylie, Erika and Kaden with the Wilcox mascot. (I don't know what he's called! Just "chicken" I guess.)

Erika standing at the starting line for the egg hunt.


Her Booty!!! SCORE!!


I sure love my kids, and I'm glad there are things close by to do to help them have fun. Although Easter has all the fun I hope they remember the real meaning of Easter. How grateful I am for my Savior who gave his life and suffered for my sins. I know he lives again and he loves me and he loves each one of you! How blessed we are to have someone who loves us so unconditionally. What an amazing gift! I'm so grateful for this knowledge. HE LIVES!!! Happy EASTER to you all!

No comments: