Cooking Hot Dogs on the grill.



Emily, Bishop Goold and Rhonda taking a quick break.

First I will start by telling you that Camp Helaman has been going for 13 years. It is a church camp for Priest age boys to prepare them for their missions. Kirk attended the first year and they said they needed some cooks. He then volunteered his parents and they started the second year. His family has been cooking for this camp ever since. His mom passed away about 3 years ago and his sister, Rhonda, is now the head boss. :o) This was my 3rd year and I believe Kirk's 9th?!?! We go up for a week and cook for approximately 250 people. This year with a new baby we didn't stay the whole week, but we did go up on Monday and got home Wednesday night around 11:30.
We usually do breakfast around 6:30, lunch at 12:00 and dinner at 6:00. Then about 9:00-10:00 we do a nightly snack. Which means we wake up around 5:30 to get started and finally climb in bed around 11:15 or so. It is very hard work, but we always have such a good time. There is such an amazing spirit there and it's great to be able to go serve those boys. After saying all that I just thought I'd post some pictures for all to see!!!
-
Kirk and Erika in the paddle boat on the lake.
Emily, Bishop Goold and Rhonda taking a quick break.
Brother & Sister Wertz getting buns ready.

3 comments:
looks like fun!!!
uuummm, this blog page is kind of girly.... :) don't they have any neutral backrounds? ahhahahhh,, I am funny, admit it.
ya ya... girly I know. :o) Don't you love it!! You are hilarious.
Post a Comment