Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tagged

Well, Erika was tagged by her friend Alexis Dart about a month ago and her mom has been a slacker. So, here we go with 8 fun facts about Erika...

1. Erika loves her new baby brother. She helps out as much as possible. She loves to get his diapers when it is time to change him. The bag of diapers we have is of Mickey Mouse. One has Mickey and Pluto on it, and the other Mickey and Minnie. I've discovered that she will pick through the diapers to find the ones with Minnie and leave the ones with Pluto. Who would have thought to look at the pictures, but the cute little 2 year old? :o)

2. She loves to spend time with her Daddy. I think her favorite time is when Kirk mowes the lawn. He hooks a wagon up to the back of the lawn mower and there Erika sits while he mowes. Let me just mention, it's not that small of a yard, so this process takes about an hour or so on the riding lawn mower.

3. Erika loves her new swing set. The other day she wanted to go play on it and I told her she could after her nap. We all laid down to take a nap and awhile later I heard the front door shut. I thought it was Kirk coming home from work, so I fell back to sleep. About 10 minutes later I heard Erika screaming so I ran out the back door. There she was playing on her swing set. She told me she woke up from her nap and got her shoes on. Then she couldn't open the back door, so she went out the front and around the house. Thankfully we live way off the road, and you can't really see our closest neighbor, so she's pretty safe. Needless to say I have to watch everything I say because she remembers everything!!!!

4. She loves to swim!!! We have filled up her little pool a couple times this summer, but it's still pretty chilly here. It's only around 60 this week. So, the poor little girl hasn't gotten to use it much. Although if she had it her way she would still swim even though it's chilly out there!!! Every once in awhile when she's a very good girl we turn the tempurature on the hot tub down to 98 and let her take a dip!!

5. Erika LOVES to sing!!! She is always singing, doesn't matter if she knows the song or not. She makes up new ones all the time! I love it! She is learning a lot in nursery and it seems like she always comes home with a new tune to sing. Some of her favorites are Popcorn, Child (I am a Child of God), Book of Mormon Stories, and some Tinkerbell song she made up that I think changes every time she sings it. :o)

6. Whenever someone comes to our house, we can usually see them pull up in front. At this point and time Erika gets all excited and she "hides". This can be anywhere from under her little trampoline, to under a chair. She's hilarious. We'll say, "Rhonda and Andy are here," and she says "I better hide!!!" Then she frantically looks around to see what she's closest to.

7. Books, books, and more books...... She loves to read!!!! We can go to a friends house to play and the toys will be left untouched if there are books around. If you won't read it to her, she'll make up the words. She will read it to you even if you are doing something else. This I cannot complain about, as I love to read myself and I believe this will make her smarter! :o) As if she's not already he he...

8. Last but not least she likes to help around the house. If I'm putting dishes away, she's right there handing them to me. Or if we're changing the laundry I have to hand her the wet clothes to throw in the dryer. She's a good little helper and I have to remember to be patient when I know it would just be faster to do it myself. Hopefully this desire will continue as she gets older. We'll see.

So, there are some fun facts about Erika and now we would love to hear some fun things about you! She would like to tag her friends: Ali Boynton, Danika Farley, Jacey Swainston, Jaden and Tanner Eves, Kysaac Thueson, Hadley and Tanner Heaps, and Lachlan Stephenson. We're excited to learn more about all these fun friends!!!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh so sweet. I love how she makes up her own songs. Miss You!!!