I don't have any new pics to post but I thought I'd write a little update. Saturday night we went to play tennis for some exercise. Erika told us she was sick, but we didn't listen much as she tells us this when she doesn't want to do something. Quick learner I must say!! Anyhow, we went to play tennis and it was about 82 degrees outside. Erika pretty much just sat there next to Kaden the whole time. Needless to say I didn't realize she was burning up until we got home. I gave her Tylenol all through the night and Sunday she stayed home with dad from church. Last night I noticed she was talking a little funny so I got out a Popsicle stick and flashlight and we played doctor. She had white puss pockets in the back of her throat. Poor girl!!!! I thought, oh no, not again. (she had mono in January and it was extremely miserable for all!!!) So, this morning we headed into the Dr. It came back negative for strep and the puss pockets are now blisters. So, it's not mono either. Some viral thing and all we can do is IB Profen.... But she does seem to be doing much better today than yesterday.
We were supposed to go in tomorrow morning for Kaden's two month appointment. It's a 40 minute drive, so after begging and pleading the wonderful Dr. did his appointment today as well. Poor guy had to get 3 shots. That always manages to make me very sad. He did very well, cried for a second and calmed right down when I picked him up. He is our chunky little guy though. He weighs 15 lbs, 23 1/2 inches long! He's in the 95th percentile!!! Way to go big boy!!!!
October in the Third Grade
9 months ago

8 comments:
I'm glad to know I'm not the only mom that doesn't listen to her child when they say they're sick...only to find out later they were serious (twice I didn't believe my daughter until she vomited on me...whoops.) I hope Erika recovers soon!
How sad for all of you! I hate the whole doctor thing all around. I'm doing Hamptons of friday.(catch-up shots included) We hope Erica gets feeling better. We love you guys!
So sad! I hate being sick too, so my heart goes out to your little girl. I hope she gets to feeling better.
There is nothing worse than seeing your kids miserable. I hate it when they are sick... because you wish you could take it away and you can't. I hope Erika gets better quickly. Kaden is getting SO big-- Wow 15 lbs! What a good boy!
Sorry Erika wasn't feeling well. That is no fun. I am really going to try and come up to see you, I just don't know when for sure. I was thinking about taking the girls to the children's museum in Salt Lake. Have you ever been there? Erika would love it. Anyway, I will try and see what we can do.
Jill, Sorry your little angel is feeling sick. Believe me when I say we have had our share of sore throats. Nice that it's not strep though and hopefully it goes away soon. Give her a squeeze for us.
As for your little boy...isn't it true that they don't stay little for long? They grow way to fast, they need to slow down. Can't wait to see him. Have a good week.
I am the worst at waiting too long. I always think that I can fix it and wait longer than I should. I hope she is feeling better though. Kaden is right were Cam was at two months. It is amazing how much they change. Cam went from the 90th percentile to the 30th! Crazy.
Oh, to answer your question, I will be in town that week. I have to work the 21st, 23rd, and 28th, but have the rest of the days off!
HI Jill-
Cute blog! I need to get a better background on mine! jordanerickson-family.blogspot.com
We will have to get the girls together sometime soon!!
Megan Erickson
Post a Comment