Wednesday, January 7, 2009

5 Amazing Years

I've contemplated blogging about this, as I'm very late, but I decided that it's better late than never. So, I just wanted to tell my husband thanks for 5 wonderful years. December 27 was our 5 year anniversary. It was a great day, my mom watched the kids for us and we were able to spend the day just the two of us. We did a session at the Salt Lake Temple, which was fun because I'd never done a live session before. What an experience that was.



We then went to the Joseph Smith movie in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It was a great show. Kirk didn't like it as well as the other two they've shown there, but it was still a great movie. I can't imagine going through those things and it strengthened my testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith even more. After the movie we went to eat at the Texas Roadhouse. OH YUMMY!!!! We love it! We used to go to the one in Idaho quite often, in fact I think that's mostly what Erika was made of during my pregnancy. :o)



Anyway, it was a great day. It's always nice to spend some time without the kids and feel like you're dating again! Not that I would ever go back to that, but it's nice to get out together. So, a big thanks to my mom for watching the kids. And an even bigger thanks to my fabulous husband for a great 5 years!!! I'm grateful to have such a wonderful man in my life. A worthy priesthood holder, a hard worker, a fun filled personality, a romantic, and much much more. I look forward to many more wonderful years with you!!!!

6 comments:

Clenece said...

Congrats on big #5. Where is the time going!

Farley's Story said...

YEAH!! for five years. That is awesome. It is a good thing there are grandparents so us parents can take time without the kids.

Marci and Matt said...

Happy 5 years to you! That is so much fun to be able to go out for the day!
I wish I would have come up to Heber for the holidays... then maybe I could have seen you. We couldn't come because of the stupid snow, and then we all got sick. Fun times! Hope all is well!

Stacy said...

Hi Honey!! Congrats on 5! I am so sad we missed eachother. It is so hard fitting everything in. Hope you guys are doing geat.

The Cox Family said...

It was fun to see you even if was only for a few minutes! I am so sad that the weather was so bad and that we weren't all able to get together. I am glad that you had an enjoyable vacation and holiday. Congrats on 5 years!

Shelley Eggett said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a fun day to spend with just the 2 of you.