I decided I better finish blogging about our trip or it will never get done. Saturday morning Rhonda and Andy went to a family members ballgame, so Kirk and I headed out with the kids. We went to another Waffle House, which was just as much fun as the first time. The food was yummy! Then we went over to the Grapevine Mall again. We didn't have much time, so we let Erika ride the Merry-Go-Round and we tried to find a cowboy shirt for Kirk. After not much luck we went to get Jim and Jerri from work at the Employment Center. After the kids actually got to have a good nap we went to eat at a little joint called "Rudy's." All I can say is OH MY...... It was sooo sooo yummy! They had the greatest brisket, coleslaw and potato salad ever.. Oh my goodness.
Anyway, after that scrumptious meal we were able to go over to see the temple. It was beautiful. I loved it. Kirk said it looks similar to the Peru temple, so that was kind of fun. We cruised around a little and saw the pretty lights and then had some yummy ice cream and headed home to bed.
Erika, Me, Jim and Kirk
Sunday obviously was church, nothing too exciting. Except here's the cutest picture of Kaden in Erika's cowboy boots.
Monday we went our separate ways from Rhonda and Andy, they headed out to drive and see what they could see and I decided my kids would not appreciate driving for hours on end and being stuck in the car. So, Kirk and I ventured to downtown Dallas to see where John F. Kennedy was assassinated. We were able to see the Sixth Floor Museum and the window where Lee Harvey Oswald stood as he killed the 35th President of the United States of America. It was an amazing opportunity to stand in a place that was a life-changing moment for our nation.
The Sixth Floor Museum, now an administration building
Kaden, Kirk, Erika and Me in front of the grassy knoll
(right behind the road where JFK was shot)
Outside the JFK Memorial
The cutest statues I've ever seen! :o)
This picture is of Kirk standing with Kaden just in front of the grassy knoll, and the X is where the first shot hit JFK. Kirk then stated, "This gives a whole new meaning to 'All My X's Live in Texas,'" Hence the name of my post. ha ha ha.....
We also walked further downtown to catch the trolley that runs quite a ways uptown. It was fun and I think Erika especially enjoyed it. It took us to quite the ritzy part of Dallas, we strolled through shops that we definitely could not afford, but it was still a fun experience.
Erika, Kaden and Me on the trolley
We got to the LDS Employment Center about 20 minutes before Dad and Jerri were off and Jim was able to give us a tour of the facilities. After they were done they treated us to dinner at the Golden Corral. :o) After dinner we headed to another western store as Kirk still hadn't found a cowboy shirt and was determined to come home with one. Thankfully we found one at the great store Cavenders. Then it was home and packing and an early morning on Tuesday to get to the airport and home. The kids did so great traveling to and from. They also did so well while we were there with short or non existent naps. I have to say we have some pretty great kids and I love them lots! So, thanks sweetheart for a fun trip. It's always fun to go, and it's always fun to come home.

2 comments:
I never knew that temple was so pretty! You guys looked like you all had so much fun! I love to go on family trips, but I do love coming home. Your kids are just so cute! I know I say that everytime, but they are! Very fun!!! :)
k so do any of your ex's live is Texas? It has obviously been a while since I wrote to you since this is at the bottom of your blog and going to be the next one to go to the "older Posts" section.
Post a Comment