We had a birthday party for Kaden on Thursday night and it was lots of fun! He got lots of fun things and then we had cake and ice cream. Erika decided he needed a tractor cake, so here's what I came up with.
We put him in his high chair to eat his cake and he wasn't quite sure what to do. Kirk let him taste a little bit and then he dug in. When everyone started cheering for him, I think it scared him. He panicked and then cried, and cried.... It was sad and funny all at the same time. So, with green frosting all over his face I took him to the bathtub to clean him up where he continued to cry. Hopefully that cake won't devastate him for life and he will like it in the future. I have a little clip of him crying, so hopefully this will work!
Thanks to everyone who came and joined us in our evening of fun! Happy Birthday big boy!!!
Lucas eating cake
DeWin, Uncle Andy & Kaden
Kaden opening his present, Jacey, Ashlyn, Nicole, Ali and Dad around him

3 comments:
I love the cake. Did you think of that on your own, or did you find the idea somewhere. Kaden is a cutie. I cannot believe he is one already. Time flies by to fast.
hey those are some good pictures. ;) poor sad boy you'll have to let him try the whole cake thing again at his daddy's birthday. maybe he just wanted to have carrot cake like me?! well I can't believe it's been a year since your last hospital scene. look at how far he's come! our predictions on him outgrowing lucas are just about right.
Does Kyle live by you?
Post a Comment