
My brother, Matt, left to move back to Utah on Sunday, so Saturday night farewells were a little hard on me. I cried Saturday night telling him goodbye and then I cried again on Sunday morning as I headed out to load the kids in the car for church after seeing his little house sitting there empty. I am happy for him to be back in Utah moving on with life, but he will truly be missed here. Thanks for all the times you watched my kids so I could run to the store in peace, for running errands and for stopping in just to say hi. I miss you already!!
Erika got to go up and sing with the Primary for the first time, and they sang "I often go walking." As she stood up there so proud she blew me a kiss, and I of course cried some more. Definitely tears of joy as I watched my beautiful daughter sing so proudly to me. I couldn't be more thankful to be a mother and have such wonderful children. I of course tried to get Kaden to say "mama" all day, which didn't happen, but hey it was worth a try. :o) And my wonderful husband was so sweet and taught my Relief Society lesson for me. Thanks sweetheart!!!
Sacrament meeting usually hits a chord somewhere in there where I have my moment missing my wonderful mother-in-law. This time it was the closing song and I couldn't finish singing as I, yes, cried once again. I was able to think back on some wonderful memories of her. I am so grateful she raised such a wonderful son for me to spend eternity with. I am also grateful to have her as a mother-in-law and I wish I would have had more time to spend with her, but I know that will happen again some day. Happy Mother's Day Carole, we love you!!! (I tried to upload a picture of Carole, but after 3 tries for some reason it still won't let me....)
And to the rest of you wonderful mother's out there, I hope you had a wonderful mother's day!

1 comment:
I love that we all feel we have the best mom. But it is the truth that we have the best mom for us. I love that the Lord had this plan for us so we both can have the best mom.I love ya girl.
Post a Comment