
All day I couldn't help but think of one amazing man who played a big part in my life. Fourteen years ago today my father, Jerry Klein, was killed in a car accident. It's been an emotional and stressful day for me besides this unpleasant little fact, but I think it's part of the reason for this little funk of a day I'm having.

A couple weeks ago when we had our girls trip, Talese, my step-sister, brought me some pictures and documents that were my dads. Since then I find myself thinking of this amazing man at random times throughout the day. There are some genealogy charts he started and I'm suddenly excited to see if I can find anything further in our history. There are some very cool pictures I've never seen before and childhood pictures I believe no one else has. So now I find myself with a big task of scanning all these pictures and creating Cd's for all my siblings, but what treasures they are. I'm so grateful that this amazing man was/is my father. I'm thankful for the wonderful memories I have of him and the life lessons he taught me. Although I'm sad our time was cut short, I'm grateful that he is in a better place. He's happy and I know that, and knowing that makes it a little easier. So, here is to remembrance of one of the greatest men I'll ever have the opportunity to know... Love you Dad!!

Dr. Gerald Wayne Klein
January 9, 1946-August 19, 1995

5 comments:
I can't believe it's been 14 years. I remember it very well. It was almost like losing my dad all over again. A couple years ago I collected photos and stories and a history of my dad. All my siblings contributed. Then I made a digital photo book and my mom bought copies for everyone as Christmas gifts. We sent one to my Grandma for Mother's Day too. Anyway, it is a great treasure and I love letting my kids have a book about Grandpa Rick. Love you!
What a nice post. I'm sorry you're having such a rough day. I love the pictures and I can't wait to see them! I'm sure Kyle will be excited as well. Can't wait to see you again soon. I hope your day gets better. Just remember he loves you and is watching over you.
Bless your heart. Hang in there, cookie, time helps.
I am so sorry you had a rough day! I can understand a little how you feel. My dad died 15 years ago on the 10th. Thank You for the burst of energy to get some geneology done! You are an amazing woman that he is definitly proud of! Love You! Maria
(I'm on my inlaws computer so it shows thier blog email)
I remember that day so well. I remember driving home from Park City on that day, it was also my birthday. As I came upon the intersection that turns off to Midway or Kamas and seeing a terrible accident that had just taken place. I thought how awful it was and hoped everyone would be ok. I remember sitting around the kitchen table telling my mom about it when The Farr's came over to tell us. What a strong daughter you have been over the year's. I can't imagine the pain you went through. I also remember when Bishop Wade came into Young Women's to talk to everyone about Jerry's passing and after he talked he said he had a song to play. After the song played he further metioned that it wasn't the song he had set up to play and knew why. That wasn't the song Heavenly Father needed everyone to hear and the song that did play by Michael McLean was the one Heavenly Father needed everyone to hear. I know your dad looks down at you everyday and is proud of you and the wonderful daughter you are.
Post a Comment