Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Choo - choo.... A word often heard...

I've been getting a little bit of grief for not keeping up on my blog. I forgot the reason I do this... I first started it as a personal little journal that I could print every year and everything was right there ready to go. However, this has not yet happened. :o) Although I am very grateful that the option is there as well as my previous thoughts and feelings. But as I spoke with my mother this morning I realized another important reason for blogging. So, yes... I will try to do better. At least two entries a month. (I hope!)

A couple Saturday's ago after I went to a baby shower we had a couple hours to go do something fun. Kaden absolutely LOVES trains right now. So we decided to drive to a little town called "Elbe". It's about 40 minutes away. They have a little pizza place and another restaurant in some old train cars. They also have rooms available to stay the night at a inexpensive price of $109.00 per night! YIPES!!!! :o) Anyway, we headed over to check out the restaurant and let the kids see the train. The pizza was yummy and the kids had so much fun! Erika couldn't figure out why the train doesn't move. They have platforms and such going up as well as tables inside and out. Cute little place, way overpriced. All Kaden said was "choo choo... choo choo...." over and over again. He was in his own little happy world and wasn't very happy when we took him off to leave. But, all in all it was a very fun afternoon with the family. We're glad Grandpa and Grandma Jerri were able to join us!

Other than that, not a whole lot happening here. I'm still teaching two scrapbook classes a month and I'm getting ready for a baby shower this weekend. Kirk is still enjoying his job and hoping to make some good changes there soon. We shall see what the future holds in store for us. Erika is LOVING school. She's learning a lot and enjoys her classmates. Kaden is turning into the typical two year old. (Yes, he's already starting) Throwing temper tantrums, biting whatever is close and throwing whatever he can get his hands on when he's mad. :o) Oh the joys!! But then he has his moments with his sweet little smiles and he's starting to talk so much and say just about whatever you want him to. I love my kids and love being Mom!!! The greatest mission on earth!!! :o)

4 comments:

Ali said...

That train restaurant sound likes fun. All kinds of things around I don't know about...

Jennis said...

I've driven by but never stopped, sounds like a fun daytrip. I'm sure glad I'm not the only one who hasn't been keepin up with the blog world. :) we do love hearing about what's going on. and the music...ha haaa. Colt Ford gotta love it.

The Cox Family said...

What a fun activity! It definitely looks a ton warmer there than here. You all are going to freeze when you come to visit. I can't wait to see you and I sure hope this baby is born by the time you get here!

Amanda Lee said...

Such good memories!I feel like it's been forever since I've seen you! I'm glad I get to see what you've been up to. Looks and sounds like you all had tons of fun.... and had yummy pizza!Does life get any better?!! I'm glad to hear Harley isn't the only one throwing crazy tantrums!But those sweet moments reassure me too that being a mom is better than I could have ever imagined! Take care you guys!!!