Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mini Vaca

Kirk had to go to Vancouver to be Dollar Dog in a parade on Saturday morning. He had to be to the branch at 7:15 a.m. so work said they would get us a hotel. We headed down on Friday about 12:30. When we were in Vancouver 2 years ago we discovered a park that has a river/play area in it and on the other side there's a jungle gym and slide. We headed back there and let the kids play for a little while.

Here's Erika playing in the water. It was such a beautiful day!
Kaden gets nervous around big bodies of water. He didn't want to get in. So, I got to hold him and then he and I headed over to the slides and swings.


After the water park we went to get my nephew Joseph who was up in Portland for the week with some friends. I'm so bummed I totally forgot to get my camera out and get a picture taken with him. :( We took him out to dinner and we had fun spending a couple hours with him. After we dropped him back at his buddies house we went to the Portland temple. Kirk and I were sealed there and we thought the kids might like to see it.

Here's Kirk and the kids in front of the water fountain at the temple.

Erika took this picture of us, it's not too flattering, but it's the only we got on the trip, so here it is.... Blah...




Saturday morning while the kids and I were waiting for the parade to start there were some boys blowing bubbles and Erika and Kaden LOVED it. They chased them all over. :o) It was great entertainment, because the parade started 30 minutes later than we were told....

Woops, this one is out of order, oh well... Here's our whole family in front of the temple. (kinda hard to see, but oh well....)



Kaden playing in the street.


Chasing bubbles.


Dollar Dog on the pirate ship



Cute Erika



After the parade we headed back to the hotel and went swimming again for a little bit. We sure had a good time. It was a nice mini vacation. It's fun that Kirk has a job where we can tag along and work pays for a good part of it! :o)








1 comment:

Jennis said...

I love that you just publically posted about your son playing in the street. :)heheee Looks like you guys had fun..