Monday, August 30, 2010

Is it really gone???

Yes, yes it is..... On July 10th Kirk was headed up to his sister's house to get something for me, and as he headed out to his car I heard him yelling for me. I went outside and he asked me where his car was and if he was going crazy.... We then proceeded to call the police and inform them that someone had stolen our little civic..... They came to our house about 30 minutes later and we filed a police report. He basically told us we weren't going to see it again.... Kirk had been out closing the garage at 11:00 p.m. and then headed out that morning around 9:00...

What an interesting feeling. You feel violated, not only because they came and stole something that's yours, but they invaded our property. For those of you who know, we live clear down a dirt road, and our driveway is probably a half mile long in and of itself... We believe we were cased... Someone saw Kirk's car, knew they needed parts off of it, followed him home and just drove past our driveway and then came back. I'm grateful all it was is a car, as my children's bedroom windows were open. Needless to say, I don't care how hot it is, I will not be leaving their windows open again.

We then proceeded to get pre-approved for a car loan and we were car shopping on Friday when we got a call from the police station. They found the car, but it was Thurston County police instead of Pierce County. They had to have it towed, as it appeared not to be driveable... Not only did they have it towed, they towed it all the way to Olympia. REALLY?!?!? Couldn't they have used a company in Yelm..... Where we're five minutes away instead of thirty? So, we had to go pick up the car the next morning and got to pay $260 to get it out of impound. So, not only did we get taken when they stole our car, but then we got ripped off when we got to pay to get it out of impound... Oh well, what do you do? So, this is what our poor little car looked like when we got it back.





Thankfully Kirk had gotten a new car the night before, or I think he would have been devastated when he saw his Civic. He got a burnt orange Chevy HHR, and I wish I had a picture, but I'll have to post it later. We were able to sell the Civic on Craigslist for $1000 which was a blessing and helped us re-coup some of our cost. So, the lesson we've learned from this, make sure your cars are locked at night, and set the alarm... Keep windows closed tightly.....

Although it was quite a trial to go through, we have drawn closer together and things seemed to work out. It's amazing how our Father in Heaven knows what we need and knows what we can handle. I'm so thankful it was something as simple as a car, something that can be replaced.... We know that we have been truly blessed as we've gone through this trial and we are truly grateful for the things we've learned.

No comments: