Monday, August 30, 2010

Kindergarten.....

Erika officially made it into Kindergarten!!! We are so excited for her, as she's more than ready to go. Although she tells me she's not excited.... I'm sure that will change once she figures everything out and it's not something new and scary. We got to call the school today and find out who her teacher is. We were please to hear that it's Miss Cook, who is the teacher she did her testing with, and we sure enjoyed her. So she has her appointment scheduled with her for the 7th in the morning and then on the 9th they have last names A-M go and the 10th will be last names N-Z. Then everyone starts all together on the 13th.

Aunt Rhonda taught her how to tie her shoes the other night in about 10 minutes. It was so quick and she does such a great job. I couldn't believe how fast she caught on. Thanks Aunt Rhonda! :o)

I am amazed how fast time has flown. I can't believe I have a child old enough to start school. She is such a joy in our lives and as sad as I will be that she will be gone for part of each day, I know that this will be a fun new adventure for her. She is so smart and has such a fun little personality.

2 comments:

Megan Erickson said...

Yeah for kindergarten! Happy you got the teacher you wanted that is great! Have fun Erika!

mamaseversike said...

happy/sad, go/stay! so many conflicts running around your head and heart! You are in good company. Prairie hosts a little breakfast for moms to go to after they drop off their kinders; they go hug each other and laugh and cry!(the moms, not the kinders!)