Jocelyn Kallie Smith
6 lbs. 8 oz.
18 inches
Born 01/31/11 at 10:09 a.m.
Before her first bath
Big Brother admiring his baby sister
Erika in HEAVEN because it's a GIRL!!!!
My two cute girls
Jocelyn getting her vitals checked
Daddy and his princess waiting for test results so we can go home!
All ready to go!
Family snuggle time before bed. Man I have some cute kids!!! :o)
We are so blessed to have another beautiful little girl in our family! She is a GREAT little sleeper and I'm having to wake her up to eat. We shall see if that continues. But everything went fairly smoothly. I woke up from contractions around 3:30 a.m. and woke Kirk up around 5:30 when they were about 7.5 minutes apart. We got everything ready and dropped kids off to my FABULOUS sister-in-law around 6:30, and checked into the hospital around 7:10. The nurse checked me and I was dilated to a 4 and 80% effaced. The anesthesiologist came in around 8:45 to do an epidural. He finished the epidural and was leaving around 9:20. Then everything moved REALLY fast!!! Baby's heart rate dropped and the nurse called for the Dr. ASAP and she arrived very quickly. As I was turning towards my right side my water broke, Dr. Dickason checked me and said I was dilated to a 9.5 and then she told me the baby was not only face up, but presenting face first..... Not a good thing. She started asking for the anesthesiologist, and a couple other doctors in case she had to do an emergency C-section. I was put on oxygen, and then they started telling me what was going on. The Dr. told me I had to push good and get her out!!! So, after another prayer I had to push through two contractions and she was here. Thankfully she is healthy and happy! We were later told in the 18 years my Dr. has been delivering babies, this is only the second successful vaginal delivery she's seen when a baby is presenting face first. All the others have had to be emergency C-sections. I am so thankful for blessings and I know that through the power of the priesthood and the blessing I received that morning our baby girl was able to go through that and still be healthy and happy. :o) What an AMAZING gift!!!
She is so tiny and petite and we are LOVING every minute with her. :o) She is so PRECIOUS!!!

10 comments:
Can't wait to meet her. Glad everything went well for you guys! I'll come over when things calm down a bit!
Congratulations. Let me know if you need anything.
Congrats you all! She is so cute! I am glad everything ending ok! :)
She is beautiful! Congrats!! Glad your delivery turned out okay!!
Wow way to go momma! I got chills and goosebumps reading about your experience. Children are truly miracles. Congratulations!
Oh man, all those emotions surrounding the birth of a baby can be so intense! I'm so glad everything turned out so well - - - CONGRATULATIONS!!!
So happy for you! Now we both have 2 girls and a boy. I am so grateful for prayer and a Heavenly Father who answers them. Love you! Can't wait to meet her.
Congratulations! What a neat story, and such a blessing that she came with no c-section.
Congrats!! What a cute little family you have.
She's so pretty! I love the name! Whew!, Glad we have that phase behind you, and you can just enjoy that sweet little thing!
Post a Comment