Monday, March 7, 2011

The Wonderful Month of February.....

We are so excited and proud to welcome our sweet baby girl into our home!!! It's been an interesting month of adjustments and sickness. :o)

Here are the kids and I snuggling on the couch. Jocelyn is 6 days old!!! :o) LOVE my kiddos!!!

On the 12th, Uncle Andy brought over a beautiful handmade box FULL of handmade wooden blocks he made. Happy early Valentin'es to the kids from Uncle Andy!! I don't know who was more excited, Andy to give them to the kids, or the kids to receive them. I think they have been played with about two times a day, every day since we've gotten them. Needless to say, the kids LOVE them!!! Thanks Uncle Andy!

The kids so excited after building their first tower and getting ready to knock it down!

Kaden chillin' in the middle of Jocelyn's boppy. :o) Love that boy.

Kaden's been really funny this month... He'll do something and then ask me to take a picture. "Take a picture Mom!!! Here's your phone." or "Here's the camera." He cracks me up. I have several random pictures of him just being silly. Thank Heavens for little boys!

Grandma was so great to come help when we had Jocelyn. She was able to get here on the 2nd and stay until the 13th. It was sure fun to have her and spend some time together. Thanks for all of your help Mama!!! I couldn't have asked for a better one! :o) Here Kaden is "helping" Grandma mop the floor.
Here is my favorite BIG girl!!! :o) Grandma bought her a new jacket and she was so excited!

I woke up the other morning to find that Erika had gotten waffles out and toasted them for herself. This is how I found her when I walked out. She had gotten the butter and syrup down and was getting them all ready! :o) ha ha... I can't believe I have a child big enough to get her own breakfast. She is such a big helper around the house and I am so thankful for her willingness to serve us! Love love love this girl!!! Kirk asked her to take his folded laundry into our room and put it on his side of the bed. He told her he would pay her $.50. She has now learned about earning money and is trying to wring some out of us for chores. She sure makes me laugh. Smart Girl!

Here's Jocelyn's first official bath. She actually really enjoyed the water. (and just keep in mind Erika was our photographer!) She did well and I think Kaden and Erika thouroughly enjoyed the show. Makes me laugh how exciting they think everything is!

All clean and Beautiful!!!
Cute baby girl in her pajamas. :o) Loving every minute with her!

Erika got sick on the 12th, Grandma left on the 13th.... We figured out she had the flu, which the doctor then kinda panicked about. It's not good to have a newborn around the flu as it can be fatal for them. :( So, we had to keep Erika and Jocelyn on opposite ends of the house ALL week. Poor Erika had to miss Valentine's day. After her fever finally broke on Thursday she was able to go to school part day on Friday. When we woke up on Saturday morning.... Kaden had a fever! Ugh..... So, we went at it again. Sadly when your two year old is sick he doesn't understand he can't be close to the baby, and mom is usually taking care of the baby.... Thankfully Kirk works for a great company and he was able to take several days off and rescue us!!!

At Jocelyn's two week appointment she hadn't gained any weight since her 3 day appointment. She was still 6 lbs. 2 oz. I had gotten a cold, and they didn't want me to take any medicine for it because they were worried it would dry my milk up. I had to just drink lots of water and try to flush my system out. It was AWFUL!!!! We had to go back for another weight check at 3 weeks and she was only up to 6 lbs. 7 oz. and she had grown 2 inches.... So, we had to schedule another appointment for a week later to check her weight. Thankfully she weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz. She gained 13 oz. in a week!!!! The doctor was very happy with that. So, I think we are finally back to healthy and happy after a very looooong, very rough couple of weeks. :o)

Saturday the 26th, my sister-in-law, Rhonda, my friend Marjorie and my friend Shauna were so sweet to throw me a baby shower. Everyone got to come meet the baby and it was soooo nice to get out of the house with no kids after being stuck inside for WEEKS!!! :o) It was so much fun to see everyone and we got some fabulous new clothes!!! Thanks to all my AMAZING friends for the gifts! Love you all!





No comments: