Monday night Kaden was up every 40 minutes screaming and screaming. I thought he was teething so I repeatedly gave him teething tablets and gave him Tylenol twice. It seemed to help some, because I know he is teething, but I couldn't seem to help wondering why he would still be screaming so loudly after having Tylenol 30 minutes previously.... So, after waking up from a nap yesterday he had crusty stuff all by his ear. I proceeded to call the doctor and headed in there as quickly as we could. It was 4:15 and the doctor is a good 40 minutes away, and that's not including rush hour traffic. We made it there exactly at 5:00 (what a blessing) and were rushed in to see the doctor. She took a look at his ear and told us his eardrum burst. He was happy by then because there wasn't any more pain!!! So, we're grateful we went in, we got some ear drops as well as some oral medicine to help our poor little guy get better. He did great last night, so I think he is on the mend!
Here is a pic from Tuesday morning, even though he's in pain he is still a smily bug!!! Man I love that boy! I love my big girl as well, she loves her baby brother!
5 comments:
OOhh! Poor baby! That is so sad. I am glad he is doing better!
How sad! I'm sure you guys had a pretty tiring Tuesday...but I'm glad you figured out what was going on. It's hard that babies can't tell you!
Ear infections are the worst. Jaden got those really bad for awhile... I am glad that Kaden is doing better. Once the medicine kicks in it's like they are a different child.
With the teething thing, there really isn't much you can do besides the teething tablets. I've heard bad stuff about baby orajel from a Doctor, so I wouldn't use that if you don't have to. I know it's horribe, but it will get better once they poke through the surface. Good luck!!
That's awful!! Now you know. Is this going to affect his ears in the future? I hope not. Good Luck!!
That sounds all too familiar! Cam never really has the classic signs of an ear infection either, so the only way I can tell that he has one is that he won't lay down and go to sleep. I am glad that he is feeling better though!
Post a Comment