Monday, March 2, 2009

Randomness

I was uploading my pictures onto my computer and thinking about what a great February we had. I then had so many random things to post about that I'm just making it into one big one, so bear with me!

After we got back from Texas my wonderful mother came for a visit. We didn't do much and I kind of feel bad, but it was just nice to have her here. Erika loves playing with her Grandma and it was good that Kaden got reacquainted with her as well. I always hate to see her go, but thankfully it's usually only 2 months before I see her again. We had some fun while she was here playing Rock Band and doing the Wii Fit. It tells her she's 39 and she's sticking to it!!! :o) Kaden loves doing the drums, he just likes banging on things so this is a good thing for him and he's so stickin' cute!!
This last weekend our good friends Jennis and Justin headed out of town to celebrate their 5th anniversary. I volunteered to watch their kids Saturday afternoon until Sunday. What was I thinking? :o) Just kidding. It was all that bad, except the poop on my floor.. Oh my poop..... Good thing I love that little boy Lucas! The kids were pretty good and they all thought it was fun to have a sleepover. Taylor did pretty well and Jennis has now discovered she doesn't have to do a 1 a.m. feeding. So, glad I could help out there as well. he he he.... Here's one of the kids all clean after a bath. Erika and Jacey had to have matching pony tails. Aren't they cute?



Last night as we did our family ritual of scriptures and prayers Erika was all wound up. Erika was standing on Kirk's back being all acrobatic and then they started their game where she crawls on his back and he shakes and moves and wiggles and tries to get her off. It's hilarious, so here are step by step pictures.


Erika the Acrobat! Kaden wondering what in the world is going on.


Are you ready Dad asks? Here we go!

Then he shakes, and wiggles and moves all around, down on the elbows and she still holds on until he does the shoulder roll. (Which he learned from his dad since they did this every night when he was little.)


She falls off and they both giggle away. I love to watch them together. She is such a daddy's girl.

After using the camera Erika thought she needed to take a picture. (Don't ask me why I'm posting this scary picture, but she did a pretty good job, I didn't think she got all of us in there. She showed me!!!)


So, all in all we had a very busy very fun month. I am now grateful that March should be pretty uneventful! :o) Maybe I can catch up on all the housework that needs done.

2 comments:

Farley's Story said...

I love the bedtime acrobatics. Those dads know how to get the kids riled up before bed. What would we do without them?

Chelsea said...

Looks like you guys have so much fun playing together! You're little ones are growing up so fast! :)