Sunday, October 18, 2009

Very Humbled....

So yesterday after Erika went to the bathroom the toilet wouldn't flush. Kirk tried to plunge the toilet and it wouldn't work, he then went and checked the other toilet, to find..... it wouldn't work either. :( Uh-oh..... Our septic tank is FULL!!!! This means no shower, no laundry, no dishes, no toilet, no NOTHING!!!! AHHHH!!!! Yes, you heard right, NOTHING!

So, we headed outside to figure out where the septic tank is. Now just so you know, Kirk was 11 when they put the septic tank in, Rhonda was at school and such and his dad is on a mission!! :D ha ha..... So, off we go to where Kirk thinks it is and we proceed to dig 3 holes to find NOTHING. Then Kirk looks under the house to find where the pipe is coming out.... We dug some more holes, and you guessed it, NOTHING. (Are you getting the pattern here???) So, we finally start digging a trench across the yard to at least find the pipe and then we can follow it out... We found the pipe, after digging a 3 foot trench, and after we put a hole in it of course.... Then after digging two more holes we hit the JACKPOT!!! Just to find out we dug the original 3rd hole, right down the side of the septic tank. Yes, literally missed it by an inch..... ugh.... So we had about 20 minutes to dig and then had to make it to a family part at 5:00. (which we were 15 minutes late to.) Then we had some very nice friends, who came over at 7:00, in the dark with headlamps on, for a "guys night" :o) ha ha ha... They were kind enough to come help dig dirt and uncover the septic tank so we can have it pumped this week.

I have to call around tomorrow morning and I PRAY that it won't be too long before they can make it out here. Don't want to say it's an emergency, or it will cost double you know.... So, the last two days have been with NOTHING, which is very humbling. Kirk thinks maybe the pioneers were onto something, maybe indoor plumbing is not that great after all! :o) I on the other hand am very grateful for indoor plumbing as I had to go to the bathroom 4 times after we got home last night. And guess where I got to go? (Just use your imagination there.... :o) Erika thankfully lasted through the night. And just because I can't even let water go down the drain, Kaden woke up twice for a bottle instead of his usual once! Why is it they ALWAYS know?!?!? Anyway, it's not too big of a deal, kind of humorous in fact and I'm grateful for a husband who is taking it in stride. Just roll with the punches. I'm also very thankful for a brother-in-law and sister-in-law who let us bum at their house all day, use their bathroom and fed us dinner!!! What a blessing family, friends and plumbing are!! :D

4 comments:

Ali said...

Monday is laundry day at my house. I could make some goodies and we could make a party of it...

Dart said...

Soooo sorry! I hope they do get there quickly. People that empty septic tanks should realize it's an emergency without having to say it. Especially when you have 2 children! Good luck!

MMThueson said...

oh Man! Hope everything works out sooner than later for you! That's kind of funny that you had to guess where the tank was and you actually just missed it! Sorry!

Jennis said...

what do you say when that happens?? Ahhh crapp!! save that one for the ward talent show next year!!! hahaaa. Sorry there is never a convenient time for that to happen. I think our guys might be deserving a REAL guys night out one of these days. :)